|Early bird (by February 28)||Full Price (March 1-May 10)|
The registration fee is on a sliding scale for adults – the earlier you register, the more money you save. Children and youth registration fees are subsidized by the membership.
All registrations must be received before May 10, 2017 to be accepted. To be safe, snail mail registrations should be mailed before April 30, 2017.
1) Fill out a registration form and email it to email@example.com. You can choose from 3 payment options. We except e-transfer, PayPal, or cheques. Please let the registrar know which method of payment you are choosing so that you get the correct method of payment invoice emailed to you. You do not need a Paypal account to pay by credit card. (Note: Paypal Requires a non-refundable online processing fee of $3.50 for children & youth and $7 for adults.)
2) Send in your completed registration form and full fees via snail mail (no partial payments – cheques and money orders only please). Registrations will be date stamped on the day they are received. No registrations will be accepted after May 10, 2017. NSF cheques will result in a $20.00 charge and the registration will be null and void.
A few points to smooth the registration process:
- Please use one Registration Form per person over the age of 12, and fill out all pages!
- Minors (anyone under 18 and under) must be listed on an adult’s form.
- The tiered fee structure enables almost half price for children and partial subsidy for youth.
- Registrations are not transferable.
- You may photocopy the registration form as needed; just remember to copy all pages.
- A maximum of 90 people are allowed on site during the festival.
- Incomplete registrations will not be accepted.
All children and youth must be listed on their responsible adult’s Registration Form. Adults registering with minors for whom they are not the legal parent or guardian must include a letter from the parent or guardian granting permission with the registration. There are spaces on the Registration Form for four children/youth. If you are bringing more, simply attach a separate sheet to your form with the information needed.
Please ensure that the responsible adult has understood and signed the “Gathering for Life Policy on Minors” included in the registration package.
The scholarship fund is currently empty. No scholarships will be given out for 2017 unless we receive enough donations.
Scholarships of 50% of registration cost will be awarded as the scholarship fund allows, with preference given to families or those with financial need. To qualify, you must not have received scholarship funds for the previous Gathering Festival. Deadline for scholarship applications is March 31, 2017. If you would like to request a scholarship, please attach the request to your registration form along with an explanation as to why you need it along with a cheque or money order for 50% of your registration cost. Your cheque will not be cashed until your request has been accepted and you have been given a week’s notice. If your request is rejected, you will be given the option of paying the other half of the registration fee, or having your cheque returned to you and your registration cancelled.
As we are a non-profit society scholarships are purely funded by donations from the community. If you would like to donate to our scholarship fund, please indicate the amount on your mail-in registration form and add it to your cheque or use the anonymous Paypal donation button on the right-hand side of this page to donate at any time. You don’t need a Paypal account to use Paypal to donate money with your credit card.
Sorry, Beasties Cannot Attend
No dogs, cats, fish, wombats, live familiars or other animals will be admitted except Seeing Eye and Assist dogs.
Full refunds will be given for cancellations made prior to April 1, and a 50% refund will be given for cancellations received between April 2 and April 30. No refunds will be given after May 1 unless someone on the waiting list can fill the spot. Exceptions may be made for emergencies at the discretion of the Board of Directors. Cheques for refunds requested after April 1 will be issued after the Gathering is over. Refunds are not transferable and will be issued only in the registrant’s name. Please let us know as soon as possible if you need to cancel. Registrations may not be transferred to another person. Openings will be filled in postmark order with full payment.
Confirmation packages will be mailed and emailed starting on April 1. After we have received your registration, we will send you a confirmation packet containing your proof of registration, a map to the site and other information to make the Gathering a comfortable and safe weekend for all ages. This year we are offering the option to receive your confirmation package by email. Please indicate on your registration form if an emailed confirmation package will be acceptable for you. If you show up at the site and are not registered, you will be turned away.
Please let us know on your registration form if your accommodation preference is a cottage (reserved for families and those with mobility limitations), a cabin (6-7 people), a yurt (10 people), or if you would like to pitch a tent in one of the tenting areas. If you have a preference of roommates in the cabin area, please indicate this and we will do our best to consider your preferences, however, they are not guaranteed. All cabins are heated and come with beds and foam mattresses; however, it is necessary to bring sleeping bags and pillows. Accommodation preferences are on a first-come, first-serve basis.
Need More Information?
For questions about registration and general festival information not answered on the website, contact the board by email or call 604-614-6292 and we’ll call you back within a couple of days.